For a while now Citrix has been running quarterly user groups in the Carolinas. I’ve attended several and found the content to be very good as well as have had multiple interesting conversations. Given that, I wanted to post an email that I received from Andy Whiteside (Citrix engineer) earlier this week.
I do want to note that Citrix policy is that the user groups are open to customers as well as engineers (pre-sales or post-sales/implementation) at partners but not to sales/account executives.
Side-note: It does strike me as ironic to post on this right after a post about my vExpert application. BUT…I don’t actually seeing being a vExpert as being mutually exclusive to being aware of Citrix. While my company is a strong Citrix partner (and has been for a very long time…I have multiple customers where I’m assisting with Citrix projects), VMware themselves focus on XenApp no less — see this VMware blog post on Citrix XenApp+VMware View+ThinApp and this article providing XenApp on VMware Best Practices as examples.
Please find the links below to the upcoming user group meetings for the Carolinas in May. We will be presenting two technical sessions from the Synergy event happening the week before in San Francisco. The topics will be…
- Enabling Mobile Devices Using the XenApp Mobile SDK
- Citrix AppDNA Technical Deep Dive
These events are for technical staff members from Citrix customers and partners. The locations and registration links are…
- Charleston, SC – www.registerandcompute.com/CharlestonUGMay2012
- Columbia, SC – www.registerandcompute.com/ColumbiaUGMay2012
- Greenville, SC – www.registerandcompute.com/GreenvilleUGMay2012
- Asheville, NC – www.registerandcompute.com/AshevilleUGMay2012
- Charlotte, NC – www.registerandcompute.com/CharlotteUGMay2012
- Hickory, NC – www.registerandcompute.com/HickoryUGMay2012
- Greensboro, NC – www.registerandcompute.com/GreensboroUGMay2012
- Raleigh, NC – www.registerandcompute.com/RaleighUGMay2012