Opening with a gentleman – John Maclean – who was an athlete, hit by a truck while running, and paralyzed from the waist down…his story. He wondered if he could ever do anything…married, have children, etc. His father asked him during recovery – “look how far you’ve come – how far can you go?”
He was training for a triathlon and continued – finished a 141 mile triathlon paralyzed from the waist down. He later married in 2009 and now has a son.
After 25 years in a wheelchair, he’s learning to walk again since last year – is hoping to enter a triathlon as an able bodied athlete. It’s incredibly hard to take 25 years of internal dialogue and reset that.
Incredible. He did.
He did the triathlon – if he could make it one step at a time and keep going, he could do it.
What’s the takeaway? TABB
Now into GPS session items….Greg Ambulos on stage (some items may intentionally be clear if you’re not an EMC Partner)..
- High intensity opening video…
- 189 million of Facebook’s users are mobile-only.
- Mobile drives half of e-comerrce.
- Spending on cloud computing will grow at 30% CAGR – Goldman
- By 2020 internet connected devices will outnumber humans 3 to 1.
- Ambulos telling his first and last story of white water rafting.
- It’s amazing how we like stories….he went off the raft accidentally and went over a 70 foot falls.
- He was only focusing on survival.
- Flash – XtremIO #1 fastest growth platform in the history of IT
<snip>Next section is in Evernote….feels like shouldn’t disclose partner program details publicly. ;-)</snip>
- Billy Scannell on stage now…
- We must have the intestinal fortitude to lead the disruption or risk being disrupted.
- Lead on-prem expansion and off-prem/on-prem portability.
- Always awkward when the slides get stuck…
- Chris Riley – Senior VP, EMC Americas Enterprise Sales
- Jay Snider – Senior VP, EMC Global Alliances