Hard to believe it’s been 2+ years since I was at a tech conference – but here we are! Sitting in the Global Partner Forum keynote as I write this with lots of executive involvement.
This year Pure //Accelerate techfest 22 is in LA – new venue choice with some neat aspects – rooftop tent venue, silent disco breakout sessions, lots of food truck options, and lots of live music.
I’m hoping to live blog and tweet the keynote tomorrow – going to back to my normal conference routines and mojo. No spoilers here – but I’m up to date on the announcements and they’ll be good.
After that, this year I’m a bit all over the place from a topic and session standpoint – but that’s fun and frankly part of my role in covering the whole Pure portfolio while going deep in various areas. Specific sessions include…
- (Live) Anatomy of a Ransomware Attack
- This will be more about the landscape than Pure products – intentionally! Details are…
- “In this lightning fast session, we’ll explore the most recent developments in ransomware attacks via an in-depth walkthrough of the Anatomy of an Attack and Defense in Depth principles. The problems we discuss are ones Pure can help with, but in this session we’ll focus on educating you about the current reality of ransomware in the real world.”
- (Live) Future-Proof your Architecture with Portworx
- Discussing what I’m seeing in the kubernetes and next application application landscape from our customers.
- (Live) Building a Resilient Architecture Before, During, and After a Ransomware Attack.
- This will be a panel discussion with Andy Stone, our Field CTO, who has a very deep security background.
- (On-Demand) Cloudy with a Chance of Pure Storage: Pure’s Cloud Focus Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
- This was a really fun session to record with Rob Lee, Pure’s CTO.
- “This cloud strategy discussion will cover user requirements and desired outcomes when evaluating cloud related challenges, including agility, cost, portability, and availability concerns. Pure has embraced a cloud operating model on-premises and in the cloud since its origin to solve our user’s biggest business challenges. Our Chief Technology Officer Rob Lee and Principal Technologist Andrew Miller will discuss how we solve cloud challenges in five key areas. 1. Cloudy capabilities in on-prem storage 2. Pure as-a-Service: a true consumption-based offering providing OpEx on-prem and in the cloud 3. Enable traditional apps with enterprise data services in the cloud 4. Bridge to the cloud with cloud adjacent solutions and Bare Metal as-a-Service 5. Next-Gen app capabilities (Kubernetes, microservices, etc.). Twelve-factor app time!”
Even if you can’t join us live, it’s not too late to sign up to join virtually. BUT…if you’re here, definitely ping me to say hello – my Twitter DM’s are open at @andriven.